The meme goes like this:
On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first twenty songs on the list (no matter how cheesy or embarrassing), and write down your favorite line of the song. Try to avoid putting the song title in the line. Then have your friends comment and see if they know the songs.
I made a variation on the meme, which was to load *all* of my mp3s into the player, take out all of the commercials that I downloaded for Trivia, and *then* hit shuffle, and then pick my favorite lines or, in some cases the only lines I thought would be recognizeable. And I learned a valuable lesson: I have some random-ass musical tastes. I could do this again with a new shuffle and you'd think I was an entirely different person.
Anyway, I'll give you 21 instead of 20, because #2 isn't fair. I'll give hints for tip-of-tongue begging. Like sanj's, these are presented in sentence form rather than delineating line breaks.
(1) I'm a regular Josephine, a silent movie queen, a seventies TV dream, and the star of the winning team
(2) South Detroit, from Saginaw, Gary Indiana, North Ontario, here in Saskatchewan, the hills of Iowa. . .
(3) The part of you that's part of me will never die, will never leave, and it's nobody else's but mine
(4) I'll braid it in a zillion braids so it might take all freakin' day . . .
(5) Maybe you'd better turn yourself around, take a Greyhound home.
(6) Tell her to make me a cambric shirt
(7) "Don't be a sissy," said his best friend Ed.
(8) And different is *not* what you're looking for.
(9) I knew we'd go far 'cuz we both share the things that we hate
(10) Don't want to call my friends, they might wake me from this dream
(11) All the cops in the donut shops say: . . .
(12) What's wrong? Hold it a minute. I'm happy - send up a flare
(13) There's something irresistable-ish about'em
(14) Don't you see the color of deception?
(15) Don't want style, don't want speed, I want size, size is what I need.
(16) In a town without a name, in a heavy downpour
(17) I am the wind I am the sea I am the sun I can be anyone
(18) I've said it once before but it bears repeating
(19) But if we can hump dead animals and antelopes then there's no reason that a man and another man can't elope
(20) Maybe you'll write me a letter and tell me why I've never met you
(21) Sun's down a little after ten, I pick up all my friends in my Mercedes Benz
hee! this is fun.
now, really, working.